Thursday, July 9, 2009

More about the Chainmaille Lesson to Myself and Tool Shots



I forgot to mention that my mission after creating the jump rings from a specific length of silver, I want to see how many inches of box link chain (in that size link) seven feet of silver gives me. By doing that, in the future I will be able to calculate how much silver I need to do a piece from start to finish. That was the lesson I was referring to yesterday. How many feet of silver per inch of finished chain.
I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes but I'm trying to wait for my new jewelry pliers on the way. I ordered my first pair of "Wubbers" which are new and are advertised as non marring, and also very good for chainmaille weaving. My old faithfuls are getting worn out and I plan to start getting better quality tools. Here's a shot of my present tool box with some of my tools. I included a shot of my combined anvil/jewelry vise too. A very handy tool that is always kept handy.

No comments: