Friday, July 10, 2009

Lovely Lampwork and Sterling Silver Redesigned





Soon I'll be listing the first in my new series of one-of-a-kind, sterling silver, and lampwork bead necklaces in my Etsy shop. I decided to part with this one after redesigning it,by adding a large stamped sterling silver link ( in order to add a trendy feel) and lengthened it as well.
The beautiful lampwork beads, created by April Larson, are what elevate this necklace into the realm of "art jewelry". Each piece is created by hand over a flame or torch using molten glass and having taken a class myself and worked with the medium, I have huge respect for those who have "mastered the glass". Molten glass is very tricky to work with and to achieve geometric precision takes a tremendous amount of skill, talent and experience, and to have found a source for these lovely beads on Etsy is a thrill for me.
I have other sets from April which I will be combining with sterling silver, maybe crystals too, in more one-of-a-kind pieces. I'm eagerly awaiting my latest shipments of silver wire, beads and other cool findings which I plan to use in these creations. Her Etsy shop,( not her only venu) is called http://www.sharplinedesigns.etsy.com/ and I was so pleased to come across it in my search for quality lampwork beads, by a well renowned, talented, and reputable artist. In the photos I took, I deliberately took one with the sun shining in the natural uneven pattern which, in my opinion, captures the sparkle of the beads and shows them off in a wonderful way.

No comments: