Saturday, March 1, 2008

What I am up to now








I have been making my own jewelry for a while now, and just lately set up an online store. The name I chose was dianthusjewelry.etsy.com. There you will find an eclectic collection of the first of my work to be shown and put up for sale.
Just today I had a meeting at a local shop who has seen some of my work online and asked if I would leave some work on consignment. It was a lovely time and the vibe was warm and friendly. I was given a lot of old necklaces with truly awesome vintage beads and assigned the wonderful task of re-making them into new pieces. In my next post I will have shots of some of the beads I got and will show what I'm working on at the present time.
The lovely shop where my jewelry will be featured is called ChiChi and is at 515 Osborne street here in Winnipeg. They have a wonderful collection of retro, vintage and truly interesting items. I am so glad to be a part of it now. In April we plan to have a class with me teaching some of my wire wrapping techniques. I'm totally looking forward to it.
Well have to go now....and maybe whip up a necklace or two tonight.

No comments: