Monday, March 10, 2008

Amazing things happen with crystals and silver




Out of this box of vintage treasures I will be creating new pieces out of old. This is what happened when the old findings of one necklace, the crystal beads of another necklace, and some heavy sterling silver got together. The photo does not do it justice I'm afraid, but here goes. Here is another shot of what happened when a single crystal became "framed". I have been wearing this beauty for a few days. These beads are the ones referred to in the blog written by the owners of ChiChi. These are what I left with and in time they will be upscaled and re-designed into new items. I couldn't wait to get to the crystals and in real life the results of the union of silver and crystals is amazing! My next post will be a trip back in time to examine how the vintage jewelry was constructed.

No comments: