Monday, March 3, 2008

I "m going to digress for a moment




I worked yesterday and today, and on the days I work outside the house I don't usually have the jam to take on a new project. I am not idle with my hands however, because some activities with wire sooth me and I often, after completing a project, don't quite remember how I did it exactly. The ideas flow from my head to my hands almost without volition on my part like being "in the zone" as any artist has experienced.
I'm a total nature freak, gardener, feeder of birds , lover of butterflies etc., and this has led me to do figurines of my favorite animals and some of the birds. I have also been making nature jewelry for years too. Lately I've been experimenting with my polymer clay butterflies. At this point I have no intention of putting any of these up for sale, but eventually as I refine my techniques I do intend to go further with polymer clay until I have refined it to sell. Some of my jewelry using poly beads have been put up for sale as those qualify in my opinion. but not my nature stuff quite yet. I have some shots of my butterflies too.
Well, I have some serious jewelry making to do and decide about and the thought brings a smile of joy to me. I love to work with extreme beauty and those crystals in that box are calling me! The wire work pendants are my "relaxation pendants" this is the front and back of the one I made last evening while pondering on my next project. I can be dead tired and still I reach for the hammer and the anvil, the thick copper wire, and my tools and "stuff happens!!"




No comments: