Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Resurrecting Vintage Jewelry With a Modern Twist


I have developed a new interest in old jewelry since I was given the task of re-designing the old necklaces and I find it fascinating. The materials, methods of construction, and styles all interest me.

My color selection is huge now and I can't wait to do more with this wonderful material. A few days ago, when I brought in the first of the pieces I had made (a mutually delightful experience) I was given yet another piece all in shades of purple with lovely purple crystals as well, by the vivacious Kathy of ChiChi, ,a local, retro, upscale boutique, at 515 Osbourne Street here in Winnipeg, whose attitude towards going green and preserving our environment meshes with mine perfectly.

Here is a shot of the latest addition to my color selection.

No comments: