Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Vintage Components in a Modern Piece





A while back I ordered some lovely turquoise beads from another etsy seller, the beadersboutique, and have been wearing turquoise around my neck ever since. The first piece in copper and turquoise I have put up for sale at my etsy store. The second one I used silver which I had been waiting for and added a couple of very interesting components to the pendant. The mother-of-pearl arrow dates back to the early 1900's given to me by someone who knows the history behind it, and the other is a small rhinestone heart which I took off the chain and added to my own work. It is a named "Afterthought" piece about 50 or more years old, again from someone who knows the history. I included a close up of the little heart, which I had to have. Rhinestone jewelry had become very collectible and I love it! Especially small components which I can add to my own work. this is a personal piece not for sale at any price.

I also included a shot of my latest listing at my etsy store, http://www.dianthusjewelry.etsy.com
I changed out the man made turquoise beads for magnetic hematite and liked the result much better. This way all the components are all from the earth. This piece ,with the 18 inch copper bar chain I made, is priced at $45.00.I will be showing more of my etsy listings in the future as well.

No comments: