Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Staying Here After All and My Latest Projects





I discovered that the other site I mentioned, my Live Spaces page displays some of the print weirdly in Internet Explorer, (Two sentences superimposed on each other) so I am back here again.

I have been busy making jewelry since my last post. Some of the pieces are from the beads provided by ChiChi for exclusive work for them and some are from old crystals I found at an excellent flea market just a few blocks away! I just discovered it and found some excellent stuff.
The crystal necklace I got for just a few dollars is lovely with dark green AB crystals, and I picked up another which is crystal clear, no AB (Aurora Borealis). I can tell it's lead crystal by the way the light reflects from it in prismatic colors. There were also two giant crystals suspended on plain metal chains . One is dark smoky gray and the other is the familiar AB coated white or clear one. Both of them are now focals bracketed by filagree sterling bead caps. These I plan to keep for myself.

I had a great time designing my latest pieces for ChiChi out of the beautiful beads they gave me.
Once they are in the store I will post photos. Some are with the lovely filagree beads and some are with amethyst and some of the gorgeous purple crystals and beads just given to me lately to re-design.

For now I will just include photos of my own work, which I probably won't sell, and the old necklaces before I took them apart.

No comments: