Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring is Here, New Work to show




The snow has almost melted, the temperatures are now well above freezing almost every day and every day I hear the lovely songs of some of the newly returned songbirds around here.

In celebration of spring and also a try at something I haven't done yet I created a bold colorful pendant and chain in copper, seed beads, and other elements to tie it all together. I put it up for sale at my etsy shop for 35.00 including shipping in case anyone is brave enough, (besides me) to wear it. Even if not, it's painterly elements add color to my shop so I added it. I also have created a pendant of new, old, vintage, stone, mother of pearl and copper which will be added to my shop as soon as I design a chain for it.

I have also made another piece for the local shop ChiChi and have included a sneak preview. This is made up of lovely "moonglow" vintage lucite beads provided for me, and copper which in my opinion compliments the beads beautifully. It even shows up on my copper colored skin (which tents to hide instead of highlight copper). I haven't reconciled myself to mixing plastic and silver, not even with my polymer clay beads. In time maybe.

No comments: