Sunday, October 30, 2011

Modified Design

I decided to remove the brass findings at the sides of my vessel and drilled holes through the bottom and top, to suspend it, in the traditional way of inros. I was worried that the attachments could eventually be bent, through wear, and possibly crack the clay at the sides. I also saw that, to my eye, the extra brass, though attractive, seemed to make the piece too busy. The modified style does not have either of those drawbacks and should be even more durable.
I took some informal shots again to demonstrate. Once varnished the depth of the colors will be emphasized to a greater degree, and will be more obvious in higher quality photos. This is just one of the quick shots I've taken, as I progress through the little project.

No comments: