Thursday, June 18, 2009

Another Dream Come True



From the first time I saw an encased floral lampwork bead I've been in love with glass and the things that can be done with it. I desperately wanted to make glass beads myself and took a class to learn the basics. Once I found out all the ramifications of proper ventilation, kiln annealing which is absolutely necessary for lasting beads, and the electrical requirements for running a kiln I decided that as long as I live where I am now it just wasn't possible, so I turned to wire to satisfy my desire to create wearable art with the dream of combining high end quality lampwork,( from an accomplished lampwork artist, or artists) with sterling silver and crystals to make truly original wearable art.
Here are a couple of shots of my first designer necklace using lampwork beads, sterling silver and crystals. This is my own piece but is an example of the type of work I plan to add to my shop. I found a talented reputable lampwork artist who has been into it for years and who's unique designs and use of color satisfy the need for color in my shop and add the artistic touch to my creations that I've wanted from the first.

No comments: