Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Another Dream Becomes Reality!







From the time I started playing with resin, my goal has been to produce totally original pieces using my own molds from my own original pendants or bracelets. I've finally succeeded and have pictures to show the results so far. The colorful polymer clay bracelet at the top is the original from which I made the mold(s) and then proceeded to cast it in resin. I made two molds, so I can cast two at a time if I want to make sets. The disc is my own pendant from polymer clay cast in resin and sporting three little polymer clay butterflies. I love butterflies, regarding them as flying jewelry in their own right and for me to incorporate them into my work comes naturally. It thrills me to create totally original work and with resin the possibilities are infinite!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooo! Shiny! I'm just wondering what type of resin you used? Been trying to work out whether polymer clay and resin would be compatible for a while.